As I've said before, I'm not great with the whole resolutions thing so last year I called them "goals". Turns out I'm not great with that either because I forgot all about them. Although, I surprisingly did accomplish most of what I set out to do. Travel, save money, work on my photography and challenge myself. Check, check, check and check. I also meant to go to the gym except that didn't happen. Not once. (Sigh.)
I'm going to try something different this time though. When I opened my new planner, there was a page for a Bucket List and I realized, maybe that's how I should approach it. My summer bucket list was super successful for me last year and I think this will be too. So.. here goes!
- Go on a trip with my best friend
- Travel outside the country
- Go on at least 5 photography outings with my cousins
- Integrate some form of regular physical activity (be it yoga or any of those exercise programs on YouTube) into my life
- Save, save, save (I have a particular goal in mind!)
- Go to at least 3 shows. Ballet, concerts and Broadway all count.
- Read 150 books; 35 of them should be fantasy!
- Re-read 2 "classics" + 1 new one: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery, Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie and Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
But while those are the specific things I want to do, there are some general things I want to remember for 2017:
- Take care of myself. Be that my physical, mental or emotional health.
- Continue to always make time for the wonderful people in my life. Text messages, planning dinners, brunches and outings. They seem like little things but they make all the difference to me.
- Don't waste time on things or people who don't bring you happiness.
- I love what I do and I want to keep pushing myself to better and do what's best for my career. (Plus continuing to stay firm on my work/life balance stance!)
- Have fun with the blog or what's the point.
- Keep challenging myself in general and always move forward.
What are your resolutions for 2017?